Tuesday, March 4, 2014

This I believe:

This I believe
 Kyle Beesley

Conspiracy theories

Conspiracy theorists are a seasonal people. They believe the government is out to get them, they also believe that almost everything is a government cover up of some kind. I speak from experience, my step-father listens to Alex Jones. He is the poster child in the world of conspiracy theories. He has a daily talk show on the radio, in which he talks about current events and what he thinks the government is doing or not doing and why they are covering things up. Remember, "Big brother is out to get you." Alex Jones just feeds the frenzy of conspiracy theories with government cover- ups with whatever he feels “really happened." 
I will admit, that though I am not a conspiracy theorist, I do believe that the government does cover up a lot of things, but not to the extent of what some of those who adhere to this as a belief system would say. I think we should keep our government in check, while allowing them to do their job. We are all in this together. This is our country. I think being political active and keeping up with current events is great, but finger pointing has never been the answer. Conspiracy theorists seem to think most, if not all, people in power are up to something bad in some way. I have found that if you study someone or something hard enough you will find fault in it.
There is no perfect person and at times, those who believe they are seem to be cowards in their accusations at times. United we stand, divided we fall, wise words, spoken by an even wiser man. Abraham Lincoln had a point that I believe to be true. An example of this would be the Republican Party. The Tea Party side has separated themselves and split the republican votes leaving demarcates to rule. Our country is having a bit of an identity crisis. Who do we want to become? I think we have made progress when we look over the course of history and see the mental change in the way we address issues of old. Especially when it comes to addressing issue involving human rights. It give me peace of mind when I see just a little piece of love in the world when there is also so much hate. 
Bringing it back to conspiracy theories and theorists, I personally have spent some time in those waters. I grew up around people who believe in these very things. People in this movement talk about being open-minded, but in actuality, they are the ones with the closed minds. I believe that rather than spending too much time and money to trying to uncover what the government is up to, maybe they should put all that energy towards helping people who need help. An example of a country that has rampant repercussion from conspiracy theory is Africa. It is a place of tremendous resources and untapped wealth but the people are too busy fighting, fighting the government, fighting each other, just fighting and because of that, the residents within suffer. Those of the conspiracy theory group in the United States is the same way, we are too busy fighting about who did what and when and who wronged whom. We need to quit playing the game of Tag. I understand the hurt and I understand that there are things that get covered up and people who get wronged and hurt in the process. I am not saying this is right. I am not justifying anything the government would cover up, but we need to be better. We need to take a new approach. Get in involved and help each other instead of pointing fingers.
I will say that I do believe there are plenty of things wrong with some of the operations of the government and some of the people in power. That does not mean I will quit voting. I feel as if I cannot talk if I do not vote. If there have been voting scams, it will never stop me from doing the right thing and continuing to vote. Politics will always be messy because everyone has ideas that will be different from yours. It just takes work to get sides too different sides to work together. If I don’t see it the way another person might doesn’t mean I reject you as a person or think less of you.
I have always felt that people shouldn’t be a part of the problem. Be a part the solution!


No comments:

Post a Comment